With advancing age plaque, which is made up of lipids, inflammatory cells, cellular waste, and calcium, builds up on the walls of the arteries. Somehow, nowadays, due to stress, unhealthy lifestyles, and pollution, this problem seems to occur also in younger populations. The gradual accumulation of plaque causes the blood vessels to narrow over time, and the plaque can also become unstable and rupture. These situations can potentially damage the inner lining of the arteries (endothelium) and block blood flow, which contributes to an unhealthy heart.
In order to protect your heart and improve arterial blood flow Phoenix Pharma GmbH has developed the Phoenix Crono® which has as main constituents the following:
- The Grapeseed Extract with Resveratrol that helps maintain healthy cells, supports a healthy blood flow and works synergistically for greater anti-ageing properties.
- Resveratrol which also improves healthy insulin sensitivity, enhances mitochondrial function, reduces inflammation, and protects against the effects of unhealthy lifestyles.
- Fish oil’s EPA and DHA which support heart and brain function, and balance the inflammatory response of the body.
- Sun flower oil that aids in lowering total cholesterol and the so called “bad” low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol.
- The Pine bark extract which has been shown to improve endothelial function and arterial blood flow. Additionally, it is known to reduce oxidative stress, modulate inflammatory factors, and help inhibit platelet aggregation.
- Gotu Kola that was found to enhance the stability of arterial plaque. Stable plaque is characterized by a fibrous cap rich in collagen that holds the plaque in place. Gotu Kola modulates production of collagen and supports healthy inflammation levels and free radical defense mechanisms.